Lately I find myself tired and dragging to doing the next thing on the list, not only on weekdays but on weekends too. It could be for any number of reasons but I think it is because I feel stretched in all sorts of directions right now. Between spending time with friends, family, my boyfriend as well as dealing with workplace drama, I am exhausted! I find it hard to say no to people, especially those I care about, so it has been a constant juggling act trying to fit it all in. Having time to myself to blog, catch up on errands and honestly just sit down and do nothing is at a premium right now.
So what to do when one feels stretched in all directions? I guess the most obvious option is to take something off the list. Not so easy because I'm not about to let go of anyone in my life that I care about. But then again, it is a good idea to re-evaluate what actually IS important to me. There will always be obligations but beyond that, what do I choose to keep on my list of things that I want to spend time on.
Here's what I've come up with so far
- Spending time with the people that I care about
- Taking care of my health: planning healthy meals and making healthy choices when I eat out
- Exercising: making the most of the (expensive!) 6 month yoga studio pass I just bought with at least 2 yoga classes a week
- Finding and applying for good job opportunities
- Taking at least 1 hour a day for me reading, blogging when I feel like it, etc
Here's what is NOT on my list
- Wasting time on the Internet
- Spending time obsessing about anything: relationships, work, etc
Operation improve Miss M's energy begins....now!