8 March 2012

Prints Charming

I love looking at the colourful, the outlandish, the garish, the shocking.  It's probably one of the reasons I love fashion so much - I can appreciate the creativity of a piece even though I can't exactly see myself ever wearing that piece.  Overall, I stick to a tried and true formula for my own fashion choices - flattering fit for my body type (I'm petite and very curvy), one neutral piece, one bold or coloured piece, and classic jewelry/accessories.  Most of the time I look put together and it works for me.  Sometimes it does get a little boring, so I do change things up once in a while with prints, sequins, etc.

I do find it really interesting when people mix prints.  I rarely wear prints, so the thought of wearing two or more types of prints is fascinating to me.  How do people do it without looking like they dressed in the dark and forgot to check what they put on before they walked out the door??

Apparently it is possible!

Diane Kruger doing a pretty good job of mixing prints.

What really looks great that I've seen a lot lately is mixing a print with leopard patterns.  I think Helen Mirren looks pretty damn fabulous (for a senior citizen, no less!) in this Dolce and Gabbana ensemble. 
 

Helen Mirren in Dolce & Gabbana via People Stylewatch

Hmm, maybe I will have to switch up my style philosophy a little bit to add some fun prints!


No comments:

Post a Comment