13 February 2012

Trashy TV Alert: RHOV

Most people who know me know that I love my reality tv shows, especially the Real Housewives franchise.  They've also often heard me say "you gotta watch RH of _______!  Those bitches be crazy!!" (In case you're wondering...I use the term "bitches" with affection!  I call many of my close friends "bitches".  So hopefully y'all are not offended and if you are, I mean no harm at all).

Anyway, you can imagine my reaction when I heard that Bravo/Slice were taping a season of the Real Housewives of Vancouver.   I'm very curious to see how this all goes.  So far, the cast seems a little blah to me:  a former mildly popular Canadian pop singer named Mary Zilba, a few socialites and well...that's about it.  I was hoping for some real local "star" power like a tv host, hockey player's wife or someone whose name I had actually heard around town before!

Vancouver is a pretty laid back place, so RHOV won't likely have the flashiness of New Jersey, Miami, Atlanta or the OC.  Vancouver doesn't have the big money vibe like New York or Beverly Hills either, so I kind of wonder what kind of bling these ladies will be sporting.  Being a Real Housewives franchise cast member is not guaranteed money, but it is fame and the opportunity to "brand" yourself.  Just look at Bethenny Frankel.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in neither flashy nor overly wealthy Vancouver, but if there is drama to be seen, you know I will be watching it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment