17 December 2011

Favourite Things of 2011

Can you believe 2011 is almost over?  It's been a crazy, crazy year for me a in a lot of ways, but also a good one.  I'm pretty blessed in life and I try to remind myself of that when I get all whiney about stupid things like work or that I gained 2 pounds.  2011 was the year of spending more time enjoying my life and I hope that continues into 2012.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some of my favourite things about the year, since we are a mere two weeks away from it being over.  Also, it's fun to talk about favourite things!


1.  Nicki Minaj!  Drake!  Nicki and Drake in Moment for Life.  How kick-ass is she?  Love that she doesn't spend all her time talking about how hot she thinks she is, but has some pretty inspirational lyrics.  My fav line of the song:  "No I'm not lucky, I'm blessed."  True that.

And how smooth is Drake's voice?  Sigh.  Drake:  holla at your girl.  For real.






2.  Ryan Gosling.  If I have to explain why, please refer to evidence below:




3.  Grey/purple nails.  My favourite is Essie's Merino Cool.  So pretty and goes with everything.




4.  My iPhone!  Finally dove into the Iphone market in August and I can't believe how I lived without one before.   Now I fear losing it because my whole life is in that phone!




5.  I love my beauty products and discovering that mineral makeup can do amazing things for your skin was big time for me this year.  I always had acne here and there, but I am flabbergasted that now I almost never get breakouts.  My skin has never looked better.

Pur Minerals Mineral Glow Pressed Powder


6.  Bossypants by Tina Fey.  Laughing out loud literally when reading this book.  She is a master of comedy.  Would switch teams for that woman!





And what did I hate you ask?  Well, here is my list of thing I wish would go away in 2012:  Nude peeptoe pumps.  Kanye West.  Beyonce's baby bump.  Taylor Swift being girly (did you know she's 22?!?).  Bullies (see my post about annoying co-workers).  War.  Hunger.  Hate.

Hey, a girl can dream right??  Happy almost 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment